Grief & Healing
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Grief Resources For Children
- Fernside Online – an online resource for grieving children.
- The Dougy Center – the first center in the United States to provide peer support groups for grieving children.
Welcome to the Battle Mortuary Website | The management and staff of Battle Mortuary's purpose is to provide a thoughtful and meaningful service and if in doing so we have helped to lighten your burden our aim has been accomplished. We hope we are deserving of your confidence.
"We Have Come This Far By Faith"
1123 Martin Luther King, Jr. BLVD. | Panama City, Florida 32401 | TEL: 850.763.4951 | FAX: 850.785.8222
© Battle Mortuary | site by: FUNERAL DIVISION of articdesigns.com | ObitLOGIN